Saturday 4 August 2012

Journey to New Lands

On Wednesday August 1st, after much labour and exhaustion and a month of July that felt as though it didn't even exist, my husband, me and our sweet daughter said goodbye to the home we have shared for the last 5 years (Len has only been sharing for 1 1/2, but you get the picture). Our closest friends and a lot of James's family all live in Kelowna and saying goodbye was very hard. We already miss our kitties and bunny, our friends, and of course, our family who helped more than anyone could ask someone to help. 


At the same time, as we drove across the bridge and watched Kelowna fade into the distance, I was overcome with excitement. All of the stress, all of the hard work, it was all finally accumulating in a life changing adventure. Through my tears I smiled huge because I knew that this was the beginning of a new and very different life for me and my family. We are so lucky to have been given this opportunity and I am proud of us for taking it on full tilt. 


I have had many blog ideas over the last month but barely managed to sleep more than 72 hours in a month so writing, once again, has been pushed back. But I'm hoping that all of this excitement and the prospect of our new life will invigorate me and have me pumping out writing a couple of times a week. 


At the very least, I will post a photo journal every 2-3 days so you can have an idea of how things are going on the Scott family's wild ride to our new home in Santa Monica, California!


Wednesday, August 1st - Drive from Kelowna, BC, to Vancouver, BC

Bye Bye Kelowna!









Marker Make Over in the backseat!


Aren't Daddies the best?!
Hello, Vancouver!

Reunited and it feels so good!


Wrestle time

Two cute ladies taking a bath




Thursday, August 2nd - Park Play and Baseball Games


Wouldn't be a visit to Aunty Leila's without some piano time.

Awesome park by mom's place in Vancouver


Sand after swim and snacks



Delicious BBQ Salmon and potatoe/veg for dinner!


At Grandpa's ballgame




Amazing full moon
On Friday we mellowed at my mom's place, recooperating before heading down to English Bay for the remainder of our stay. No pictures from that day but tonight is the fireworks in the exact area we are in and tomorrow is the start of Vancouver's Pride Parade and of course, we are in the gay area of Van so we will enjoy all of the amazing festivities! So expect some awesome pictures from the weekend come Sunday night or Monday. Miss everyone dearly. Until we meet again, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment