Saturday 11 August 2012

Bye Bye Canada, Hello America

Monday was a full day of bike riding and city exploring in Vancouver. We tried out a bike seat with Lennon and she loved it. Boy is it ever easier than dealing with a 30 lb trailer dragging behind your bike. We will get one for Santa Monica so me and the babe can rip around town and I won't suffer too much from the hills. On Tuesday, we spent time recuperating and socializing with family and friends before our big roadtrip to our new home in the states. It was great to see people and sad to say goodbye to those we love so much. Lennon was sad to say bye to her closest friend Myla and asks for her almost every day. Its heartbreaking. I didn't photograph our day Tuesday. I was tired. Please forgive me. But I did get a lot of great shots of all of our fun on Monday being biking tourists in Vancouver's always enchanting Stanley Park.

Monday - Biking Stanley Park


























Wednesday - Seattle, Washington, USA

The drive down across the border took longer than expected as the border crossing guards made us park and go in to their desk, wait in a huge line up, all to talk to them for 4 minutes before they accepted our already approved visa. Guess they needed to feel like they were in control. This pushed our timing back so we ended up hitting Seattle traffic as we drove in and by the time Lennon finished swimming (an hour and a half later) and eating dinner, the only touring around we could do was in the late evening. I will say though that Seattle has more theatres than I have seen in any of the other cities I have been too. Which of course makes it popular in my books. We wish we could have explored more but the time we got to spend in Portland made up for it. More on that adventure later.

Bye Canada

Hello Freeways






Seattle in the distance

Arriving at the hotel in Seattle







I have been quite delayed in posting but between driving and dealing with Lennon and exploring new cities, there has barely been time to sleep let alone post. I'm starting to notice a no sleep trend going on in my life. Maybe I like it. Maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment