Thursday 1 November 2012

California Dreamin'

One of the best ways to explore and discover a new city is to go out and just wander aimlessly. Eventually you find some really sweet spots and begin to learn the area you live in, helping it to feel more like home. Len and I have been spending quite a bit of time just wandering around and let me say it is so easy to do down here. Every day its sunny. And I'm not exaggerating. The weather is a perfect long sleeve and pants but flip flops are still good temperature. One of the things I have been most enamoured with, even more than the cool city full of shops and music and art, is the adorable, almost dream like neighbourhood we live in.

Today Len and I walked through the park behind our place and a couple of blocks to the library before dinner. I snapped some quick iphone photos along the way to share with everyone just a little glimpse of Santa Monica. I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Blooming flowers on November 1st!

Palm trees and unique architecture everywhere

Cacti!

White and shale houses with bright green trees and blue sky. Heavenly!

Modern architecture at its finest.

Amazing vine like tree roots and sandals in November


The streets are lined with these gorgeous, huge white and green trees. Must discover what they are called!

Cactus gardens instead of lawn because people know you can't battle nature! Thank you!


One of those amazing trees with planters and Halloween decorations hanging off of it. Adorable house behind but the tree sort of overtook.

California Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment