Saturday 29 December 2012

Lennon's 2nd Birthday


I find myself in a strangely familiar place celebrating Lennon’s 2nd birthday this year. Being pregnant, albeit much less pregnant, at the same time two years later brings back many memories of waiting over Christmas, baking with my best friend, cuddling with my husband whenever I felt like it, and being a solo woman for the last time. Now, with a big belly I have to plan for a party for an excited little girl who asks for the simple things: cake, a hat, and balloons. The intensity of pregnancy is less and more this time because I have already experienced it. I haven’t experienced two kids before though.

Lennon was excited about her birthday this year. Christmas seems to be the prep for a very fun filled day and I’m glad that she has been able to enjoy her birthday as much as the christmas festivities. We had our neighbours over as well as my mom and stepdad who were in town visiting. Len opened many gifts, screamed and laughed with the boys, and threw a ball at nearly everyone. She ate the strawberries off her strawberry chocolate cake and barely touched the rest. She was too excited on pure fun.

These two years have gone by so quickly and so slowly at the same time. I look at pictures of how she has grown and I am amazed that I have been able to do so much for this little person.



























At 2, Lennon is a ball of energy, charismatic, outgoing, dramatic, stubborn and compassionate. We are so lucky to have her in our lives. She will make an amazing big sister in April. Happy 2nd birthday Lennon Zena. We love your silly smiles and slobbery kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment