Saturday 15 December 2012

The TMD Writer Contest

At the beginning of November I submitted a brief bio to one of my favourite blogs, the Mommy Dialogues. I have been reading and following this group of women for many months now and find their writing to be educational. humorous, insightful and comforting. It has been a place I turn to daily to be reminded that I am not alone on this crazy journey. I love blogging here on my own and would love even more to find time to be creative with my writing and finish my long poem (there is a contest in February, maybe the stars will align and I will magically finish it before then). But I love the idea of joining a group of women and adding my unique voice to their already stellar set of writers.

I was so thrilled when I found out that I had made the top 15 at the beginning of December. All that was left was to write a story. And it was very open ended in that way. I could of submitted a poem, and I considered that route, or I could have written about one of my many recent experiences here in California with a wild toddler. Instead, I decided to write about myself. About this journey I seem to wandering down as that is always the source of my inspiration in all of my writing outlets. In just 800 words, I tried to reveal where I started as a mother and where I am headed. It wasn't easy but I feel I managed enough of an image to connect with people at large. You can read this story here: http://themommydialogues.com/2012/the-next-tmd-writer-erin-shares-her-story/

Now, we have moved into the voting stage. Most of the writing contests I have been in were based off an entry you submit and a panel of chosen judges who then decide on the winner(s). This is different for me. Although I'm not entirely sure I enjoy the popularity aspect of this voting process, it is not my decision to make and therefore I am at the mercy of voters like you. I feel like Obama. No, I will not begin slander campaigns. But I will ask you to show your love and support for me and my desires to continue writing by going here: http://themommydialogues.com/2012/selecting-the-top-5/ and voting for me once a day until December 27th. It takes a second and could change the course of my life over the next years.

Show some holiday spirit and spread the love my way with the click of your finger!

No comments:

Post a Comment